Information, counselling, and support for graduate schools or comparable doctoral research programs, even at a very early stage (e.g. applications)
Since 2009, iGRAD has supported a large number of applicants and their projects, starting with the basic conceptualization and ending with the establishment of the actual programmeprogram. Depending on individual needs, iGRAD can provide basic counselling, advice, text templates, and help creating individual text passages, as well as extensive support, especially for the conceptualization of qualification programs, calls for applications, supervisory standards, and/or possible management structures, etc.
Depending on the specific circumstances, iGRAD cooperates and networks with other relevant centres and departments at the HHU and provides access to the most recent information issued by higher-level organizations and networks. (iGRAD network)
To enable you to be aware of important standards and current recommendations from the outset, we would like to suggest that you take advantage of our services at the earliest possible phase of your application process.
Counselling and support when establishing and implementing approved programs
Following the approval of doctoral training programs or research networks, numerous processes and procedures often have to be established and people who will act as coordinators have to be trained. Sometimes, questions or challenges only emerge in the course of a program and these require responses that are tailored to the specific program.
iGRAD provides counselling and support for member programs from their inception. This can cover, amongst other things:
- Making templates (e.g. for supervisory agreements, procedural rules, application forms) available and advising on their individual customizing and implementation
- Basic information for new coordinators (e.g. “who is who”, how the university is structured, relevant administrative processes, effective strategies)
- Collective representation vis a vis other university departments and centers
- Practical advice and networking opportunities for coordinators
- Realization of transparent international notification and selection processes, as well as comparability of international degrees
- Accepting international doctoral researchers
- information about scholarships and clarifying the status of scholarship holders
- Conceptualizing and customizing specific program elements, in particular counselling for and/or realizing of event formats specific to the training program (e.g. in areas related to advanced training, workshops, coaching/mentoring/counselling, team-building)
- Options for resolving conflicts
- Implementation of and quality control/management for training programs
- Specific iGRAD data and/or presentations for on-site inspections and reports